For full disclosure, this is the piece of my research that I feel I do not know as much as I want to. I spoke to Rabbi Rachel Gartner about her take on religious life on campus and had a great, impassioned discussion. Unfortunately, this is Rabbi Gartner's first year at Georgetown, so she is not exceptionally familiar with religious life on campus. Additionally, I was (honestly) unsure of and nervous to reach out to other chaplains, but I eagerly hope to do so for many reasons, but expecially to not have a one-sided perspective.   

In talking with Rabbi Gartner, I learned she too wanted to figure out where religious conversations are taking place. She explained how she invites Jewish freshmen to come have breakfast with her, so she can talk about their experience thus far and help them to adjust to college life. She explained how many of these conversations revolved around the Problem of God curriculm and peoples' desire to talk about religion.

She feels that religious conversations are happening informally, like at her breakfast table or at late night conversations in the dorm, but she's not sure to what extent. She even mentioned her experience working at the University of Miami and how religion was not talked about on campus and how the administration of the school was completely secular. She thinks Georgetown provides a much better environment for religious conversation, but truly wants more AND more informed conversation.

She wonders how people would react to more formal religious events, like panels with different chaplains or a serious of talks from various religious speakers. She hopes to see how these programs would be responded to, and she commented that I am one of many students who came to talk to her about religious life at Georgetown and she truly hopes to foster the dialogue on a greater level. 

Overall, she knows students are well-informed about religion academically from their required theology classes, but she hopes to introduce more spirituality and the culture of religion to Georgetown students.